If anyone can inspire you to “Live Your Best Life”, Oprah’s sure knows what she is talking about!
She truly is living proof, that no matter what your past held, you can acheive anything.
Oprah is the opitome of a ‘rags to riches’ story and has created an incredible empire from nothing. I have been having a big clean out of magazine cut outs that have been piling up in my blogging box for years, and this is one that is really worth sharing.
Oprah’s Five Life Lessons.
1. Persue Your Passion – “When you’re doing the work you’re meant to do, it feels right and everyday is a bonus, regardless of what you’re getting paid“……….
Do you have a dream that you are not following because you ‘can’t afford it’ or are worried that others will mock and belittle you? Get clear on what your dream is and keep taking steps towards acheiving it. A small step each day is an action step and the universe rewards action with results.
2. Failure Can Be A Gift – “With every failure, every crisis, every difficult time, I say, What is this here to teach me? And as soon as you get the lesson, you get to move on. If you really get the lesson, you pass and don’t have to repeat the class. My philosophy is not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment pus you in the best place for the next moment“.
Sometimes failure is the only way we can let go of something we have been striving to acheive, because it is not the place we are really meant to be. If it is all hard work and stress you are trying to go against the force, not working with the flow of grace. Accept failure as the perfect time to move on.
3. Listen To Your Spirit – “For me, there is no real power without spiritual power. When your life is on course with its purpose, you are your most powerful. And you may stumble, but you will not fall“.
If it feels right, it is right. If it feels icky, it is wrong. Your instinct and intuition are a powerful tool, use them rather than ignore them. They are there to help.
4. Respect Your Body – “Getting my life-long weight struggle under contol has come from a process of treating myself well as well as I treat others, in every way“.
Don’t compare yourself to others, love every bit of you just the way you are.
5. Gratitude Is Essential – “Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. In order to be ruly happy you must live along with and you have to stand for something larger than yourself. Because life is a reciprocal exchange. To move forward, you have to give back“.
Make a list of everything you have in your life right now. Don’t forget to include natures gifts like air, water, the sky, the sun, the stars, every part of your body and every function it does every day. Don’t just focus on materialistic things or your list may be short! Re-read the list everyday and especially when you are having a ‘poor me’ moment.
Through all her amazing successes, Oprah has got it right, and learned how to create and live a fullfilled life. I hope you can use these lessons to guide you to happiness and success. 🙂
Have you got any lessons from your experience that you would like to share.
Sharing for #IBOT with Essentially Jess.com 🙂