Hot chips are one of the yummiest snacks or meal accompaniment.
Dipped in tomato sauce is just the best.
But with zero nutritional value and oddles of calories, they are not the best choice to eat regularly.
I threw out my deep fryer years ago, so I can’t be tempted to whip up a batch whenever I feel like them.
I have a great way to turn the humble potato into crunchy ‘chippies’ without all the oil and added calories.
They are easy to make and taste great, the kids will love them, and they make a great side to have with dinner, especially if it is something you can cook in the oven seeing it will be on anyway.
HEALTHY HOT CHIPPIES
– Preheat oven to 200C
– Spray a large baking tray with non-stick cooking spray
– Allow 1 potato per person (as a side dish), peel and cut into thin slices
– Arrange the slices on the tray so that none are overlapping
– Brush lightly with olive oil
– Sprinkle with a little salt and sweet paprika (or any other spice you like, such as garlic salt, chicken salt, chilli powder or rosemary)
– Bake for 30 minutes, turning once until golden and crunchy.
Keep your eye on them as they will burn quickly, I may or may not have done this on numerous occasions!
Do you love hot chips?
Sharing for #FYBF at With Some Grace