23 Jul 2014 6 Comments
I have been living with myself for 49 years, but golly gosh it is hard to come up with 10 things that you don’t know about me!
There is nothing like a blogging challenge to help get you thinking. Day 1 of Flourish Online’s Challenge is to introduce ourselves to all the participants so we can all get to know each other better!
Blog post creation requires the assistance of one of my loves – coffee.
1. Beautiful Brisbane has been my home for 26 years, but I was born in Melbourne. From the tender age of 9, my backyard transformed from a standard block to hotel resorts. My father was in hotel management so we lived overseas in the hotels he managed. Tropical paradise, beaches, hotel food and house maids became the norm for me. Pretty awesome childhood!
2. The only downside to this fabulousness was that it took me 13 different schools to finish Year 12. I even went to 3 different schools in one year. That was tough, but I survived and still have some amazing friends from those stops along the road.
One of my backyards……The Westin Fiji!
3. I was married for 8 years before I finally had children…..why?…..because I spent 13 years as a high flying Corporate Travel Consultant and putting that passport away was not an easy thing to do. I worked incredibly long hours but in return got to experience amazing destinations. Who would not want to fly to London to have dinner with their brother, or take corporate secretaries to Auckland for just for the day? Two miscarriages before we were blessed with Miss WW (18) also played a part in that.
4. I am incredibly lucky that both of my parents are still alive and well. The built a beautiful home on the Sunshine Coast so I have a permanent ‘holiday’ home close to the beach, which is my absolute happy place.
Yep, that’s how good it is!
5. I am a modern mumma who loves the conveniences of modern life, but blends it happily with ancient healing tools. There are crystals on my bedside table, pure essential oils burning away regularly, a vision board on the wall and Feng Shui placements in all area’s of my home.
6. I have written and published my first book – How To Unlock Your Child’s Super Powers! – A powerful guide to help your child be the best they can be and create an extraordinary life. I have learned the hard way that what you focus on is what you get. If children were taught at school to harness the power of their mind and focus on what they want not what they don’t have, the world is their oyster. I never went to university and nor did my ex. Miss WW (18) has just completed her first semester at Uni on the long path to becoming a Neurosurgeon and my other Miss WW (almost 15) is cruising merrily through life and school as she decides her path. I have taught my girls to follow their dreams, not follow my path or anyone else’s.
7. I have only just caught up with the rest of the world and watched Game Of Thrones! Yeah I know, bit slow, but it was fun watching multiple episodes in one sitting.
8. My most favourite food in the whole wide world is Marzipan. My German heritage is totally to blame for this addiction. My saving grace is that the only place I can buy it is Aldi and I don’t get there often.
9. My favourite affirmation at the moment is – “I accept and allow abundance in to all areas of my life today“
10. My current reading pile includes 3 magazines, ‘Mixed Media Techniques for Art Journaling’ and ‘You Can Create An Exceptional Life’. I adore books, magazines and reading. It is my one true way of relaxing that I try to find time for everyday.
What is your most favourite way to relax?
Sharing for #FYBF at With Some Grace