Puffy eyes can be caused by a myriad of things, but lack of sleep or dehydration are often the two most common reasons.
No amount of makeup can hide puffiness.
A while ago I did a post on natural solutions for puffy eyes and I have found a few more that really work.
Simple Solutions For Puffy Eyes
– Soak cotton pads in cold milk and place over your eyes for a few minutes will quickly reduce puffiness.
– A slice of potato on each eye will do the same.
– Make a mini eye mask with a stiffly beaten egg white and apply to your eye area. When it has hardened rinse it off.
– With your eyes open, plunge your face into a bowl of cold distilled water.
– Chamomile tea bags that have been moistened and stored in the fridge work a treat and are also great to use if you have a stye.
– As I am not getting younger and my skin is not as firm as it used to be, I have added capsules of flaxseed oil and evening primrose oil to my collection of supplements as these are great for collagen creation and both are powerful anti-inflammatories….just what I need!
– Always, always, always, always (get the drift) take your makeup off before going to bed.
– Use an eye cream that is gel based in the cooler months as this formulation is best absorbed into the delicate eye area that can really be prone to the drying effects of cold weather.
Next time you go past a health food shop, grab some eyebright tea, make a little bath in a small bowl and when it has cooled enough bathe your eyes with it you suffer from redness to help clear it away.
Enjoy! xx N