It’s been a bugger of week!
Filled with frustrating #firstworldproblems.
It’s also been a great reminder of how easy it is to let little annoyances become mountainous issues when you let the brain hash over them 50 zillion times. I am VERY good at that.
A change of focus was definately required, I needed to get my ‘happy’ back!
Break that negative cycle with these 10 easy ways to get HAPPY!
1. Have an early night – Being tired puts extra stress on our body. We all have soooo much to do that we will deprive ourselves of sufficient sleep trying to get everything done. Head to bed earlier, snuggle up and sleep. Your body and mind will thank you for it!
2. Smile – Find something to smile at. A cute photo, a loved one, a pet, something you made, an item in your home that you love or even a big block of chocolate. Just find something. When you genuinely smile, you cannot be sad at the same time, our bodies simply can’t do both at one time.
3. Gratitude – Grab a pen and paper and quickly make a list of 20 things you are grateful for. Make the list longer if you like. Feeling grateful is a powerful way to put the blues away!
4. Spend time with family or friends – Get on the phone and have a good natter or go and have coffee with someone you love. Forget about all your issues, even if it’s just for a while. A good giggle and gossip can really help to change how you feel.
5. Go for a walk – Exercise in any shape or form releases hormones that will lift your mood. Even though it can be hard to drag yourself to the gym, you always feel so good when you have actually been. A nice walk around your neighbourhood, getting some fresh air and a little sunshine for a vitamin D boost, all works to improving your happiness.
6. Plan a holiday – Go the your local Travel Agency and grab some brochures and start planning a getaway. If the budget won’t allow you to actually book your holiday, dream about it anyway. Imagine yourself on that glorious beach or staying in that luxury hotel.
7. Clean – Empty the bins, sweep the floor, wipe down the kitchen bench. Dirt and waste trap energy that becomes stagnant and has a profound influence on how we feel. When your home is clean and tidy, you can feel the difference as energy is free to move and flow. Fill an aromatherapy burner with one of the citrus oils such as Orange, Lemon, Mandarin or Tangarine and fill your home with uplifting fragrance.
8. Watch a movie – Find a ‘feel good’ movie and head to the cinema or put on a DVD. Just make sure you pick one that will uplift you not scare you or make you sad.
9. Turn up the music – Fill your ipod with songs that you love, and crank up the volume. Music is the only way to get the left and right halves of the brain working together. Ditch the songs that may have painful memories attached or have words that might trigger sad feelings.
10. Happy food – Fill your shopping trolley with foods that can help you feel good. Dark chocolate, coconut, oranges, almonds, coffee, saffron, dark leafy greens and if really necessary ICE CREAM!
And for those times, when you are really having trouble turning off the negative committee that are have a party in your brain and when you just can’t figure out how to solve an issue or let it go, use my favourite affirmation that really helps to calm and relax you…..
“Somehow it will all be OK“
What is your favourite way to snap out of a sad attack?
Sharing for #FYBF at With Some Grace 🙂