Author Blog Challenge – Day 15 – A Slight Diversion!
Today’s prompt….Find someone you know, either online or in the real world, who is a true bibliophile and interview them about their reading habits. Ask questions such as:
- How many books do they buy per month?
- How many do they actually read?
- What do they read?
- Where do they buy their books?
- Who is their favorite author (do not take offense if it is not you – that’s not the point here).
- What do they like about the author?
- How often do they attend signings/readings? What do they enjoy about them?
- If they could ask their favorite author any question, what would it be?
- Which book has most recently surprised or delighted them?
- Of everything they’ve read so far this year, what would they most recommend?….left me stone cold and uninspired, so I decided to deviate, but not completely ignore the prompt. I didn’t pick ONE person and give them the 20 questions, I trawled social media, asked on Facebook etc. What was your favourite book/author…and I have compiled a list of fav reads out there in the big wide world.
Last weekend I was at a Scrapbooking Expo at the Brisbane Convention Centre and didn’t realise that the Lifeline Bookfest was also on. We have been to the Bookfest many times, usually in January as I always forget they have one in June as well. I usually take the opportunity to stock up on super bargain priced reference books, and have found some doozies over the years that I still use to this day. I have never ventured into the fiction section, as the absolute abundance of books just dazzles me and I don’t know where to start, so I just don’t. So next time I go, this list is coming with me and I wonder what gems I will uncover?
50 Shades Of Grey Jacqueline Carey’s Kushiels Series Paulina Simons Bronze Horseman Series
A Dangerous Fortune Anne Rice – Sleeping Beauty Triology Wilbur Smith Kylie Chan – Dark Heaven
Mary Higgins Clark Lynda LaPlante Nora Roberts Harlem Coben
Patricia Cornwell Faye Kellerman Harry Potter Collection Ask And It Is Given
Twilight Bryce Courtney Jude Deveraux Dangerous Liasons
Virginia Woolf The Hunger Games
Well, there is quite a few in that list that I have never read before, so will be adding them to my list, what about you?