I love good food, and I love easy to prepare food, so these potato ‘muffins’ ticked both boxes.
Potatoes are a favourite in this family, but as none of us like mash potato very much, so I am always on the lookout for different ways to serve them.
A few days ago, I saw an image on Facebook of these yummy potato stacks cooked in a muffin pan. Well of course I could not remember for the life of me who posted it, so had no way of tracking back and finding the recipe, so I made up my own.
3 Large Potatoes, peeled
2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
Salt and Pepper to season.
I used the largest size muffin pan that I had, so the potato slices would lie flat.
If you don’t have a non-stick muffin pan, I would line the base of the muffin holes with baking paper to ensure they are easily removed.
This recipe made 12 potato ‘muffins’. Add an extra potato and fill the pans a little fuller if you wan’t them to go further.
– Thinly slice potatoes and place in a large bowl
– Pour melted butter into the bowl and gently stir potatoes slices to coat
– Add the potato slices into a muffin pan
– Dribble any remaining butter over the tops of potato stacks and season with salt and pepper
– Bake at 180C until crisp and golden.
The end result, crunch and tasty potato stacks!
Next time, I might sprinkle a little parmesan cheese and a dash of herbs for variety.
What is your favourite potato recipe? What can I try next?