It might be the first day of Autumn, but you sure wouldn’t know it if you are outside today here in Brisbane. It is so hot and steamy that my new favourite drink will probably make an appearance today. The One Minute Mojito was an accidental discovery I made on an equally hot day a month or so ago.
Scrolling through Facebook as you do on a hot Saturday night at home, someone posted an image of this cool and refreshing looking drink and I wanted one immediately. Having rediscovered my love for Mojito’s at Christmas time, I decided to see if I had the ingredients needed to make such yumminess.
This version is not 100% correct to the true recipe, but it is a quick and easy alternative that tastes great and has far less sugar than the original version and I am all about less sugar at the moment…but that’s another story for another post.
Follow these simple steps and you will be sipping in no time.
- Get a large glass or mason jar and place two slices of lime in the bottom and muddle it with a spoon to help release some of the juice.
- Add a shot or two of Bacardi.
- Fill the glass 3/4 full with ice and add 4 torn mint leaves.
- Top up the glass with Schweppes Lime Infused Soda Water. (Not sponsored, its just the best stuff)
- Add a straw and you are ready to drink……enjoy!
Now my next job on the to-do list is to buy a mint plant and have it growing in a pot so I always have some fresh leaves at hand.
What is your favourite go-to drink for a really hot day?
Sharing for #LLL at Write Of The Middle