One of my BFF’s son is having a birthday party today, and I never like to go to an event empty handed, so yesterday I whipped one of my favourite slices. Chocolate and caramel are two of my flavour loves, so this slice ticks all the boxes!
You can even pretend it’s healthy – well it does have almonds and apricots in it – hehe 🙂
Chocolate, Almond & Caramel Slice
125 gm butter
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 200gm block milk or dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (diced)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Line a 28 x 18cm slice pan with non-stick baking paper
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds to melt
- Add the brown sugar and stir with a wooden spoon to combine
- Add vanilla essence, flour and baking powder and stir well until combined
- Pour the mix into your prepared pan and press down to cover the base
- Bake for 12 minutes at 180c
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Sprinkle the chocolate, almonds and apricots evenly over the cooked base
- Pour the condensed milk gently over the top
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes at 180c until golden
- Allow to go cold in pan before removing
- This slice is best prepared in advance so that it has at least 2 hours in the fridge before serving.
Simple, yummy and is the perfect party treat, ENJOY!
What would we do with condensed milk?