One of my BFF’s son is having a birthday party today, and I never like to go to an event empty handed, so yesterday I whipped one of my favourite slices. Chocolate and caramel are two of my flavour loves, so this slice ticks all the boxes!
You can even pretend it’s healthy – well it does have almonds and apricots in it – hehe 🙂
Chocolate, Almond & Caramel Slice
125 gm butter
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 200gm block milk or dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (diced)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Line a 28 x 18cm slice pan with non-stick baking paper
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds to melt
- Add the brown sugar and stir with a wooden spoon to combine
- Add vanilla essence, flour and baking powder and stir well until combined
- Pour the mix into your prepared pan and press down to cover the base
- Bake for 12 minutes at 180c
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Sprinkle the chocolate, almonds and apricots evenly over the cooked base
- Pour the condensed milk gently over the top
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes at 180c until golden
- Allow to go cold in pan before removing
- This slice is best prepared in advance so that it has at least 2 hours in the fridge before serving.
Simple, yummy and is the perfect party treat, ENJOY!
What would we do with condensed milk?
8 thoughts on “Chocolate, Almond And Carmel Slice – An Easy And Delicious Treat!”
Yum. one of my fondest memories as a child was sneaking a spoonful of condensed milk from the can in the fridge lol
I used to have a tube of it in the fridge for sometimes adding to porridge, but that is too naughty so don’t anymore, but it was yummy to sneak a little bit when I felt like a sugar fix. 🙂
Mmmmm! I can taste them now. The apricots would be a wonderful addition and they wouldn’t last long at a party. Thanks for sharing a new treat option.
Have you ever made them with different fruit, like cherries or apples?
Have never tried with different fruit, but purely out of habit, their is no reason you could not change the fruit. I have made it once with walnuts and it was just as yummy. Actually walnuts and apples could be a good match. 🙂
Yummy That receipt looks delicious!! I’m going to have to try it =)
You will enjoy it, perfect party food, dangerous to have sitting in the fridge, oh dear, just remembered still have a little left 🙂
Oh my goodness that looks amazing! I eat a raw diet..but this still made my mouth water 🙂
It is wicked, and definately not passing the raw diet test. 🙂