Our health is our greatest asset and when we feel good everything just seems to fall in to place so much easier. We cope better with stress, we have more energy and have more joy to share with the world. A great way to start the New Year is to do a little repair and maintenance on some of your health habits.
None of these are very hard to incorporate into daily life, but will have very positive effects on your overall health.
- Invest in a daily moisturiser that has sunscreen included in it. EVERYONE in the household will look younger and slash the risk of skin cancer if they use it everyday!
- Make sure you have breakfast EVERYDAY, It is vital to kick start the metabolism, help balance sugar levels and wake up the brain. Even if it is as simple as a Up & Go drink, it is important to have something that is as healthy as possible.
- Use a diary with a page a day that includes everything that you must remember EVERYDAY, stressing about forgetting to pay for a school outing or book you promised to a work collegue can ruin a good day.
- Share any form of activity with a friend, partner, child or pet. Get moving whilst keeping it fun and spending quality time with someone you love – double bonus!
- Make the effort to take healthy lunches from home, great for the waistline and the budget.
- Salads can be so much more than lettuce and tomato on the side of the plate. Find a few quick and easy salad recipies that can become a simple dinner but full of goodness.
- It is vital to drink plenty of water, and it can really be hard to get the kids to agree. Freeze water bottles with a few raspberries, blue berries, orange or lime segments in them. They look fantastic, taste great and are so much more tempting.
- Indulge in the fruits of the season. They have the best nutritional value and the best value price tag when they are in season.
- Take a good quality multi-vitamin EVERYDAY, keeping essential nutrient levels up plays a vital role in feeling good.
- Put a big SMILE on your face, even if you are feeling down. Smiling releases ‘feel good’ hormones that relieve stress levels.
These simple tricks will help you to feel good and look good, enjoy!
4 thoughts on “10 Simple Steps For A Healthier New You!”
Thanks for a great list of tips for a healthier new you. And most of them not only make you healthier but will improve the health of your budget and your friends as well.
Thank you Renee, definately a win-win all round!
Great perspective on cgnhaing habits. Creating conscious rituals for quality habits s equals the quality of our lives from Tony Robinson was insightful, also creating only one new habit at a time from Tony Schwartz. Loved the example you use in your business on how to start creating these early in the morning.